World Diabetes Foundation is the official sponsors of the Health theme at UNLEASH 2018
The World Diabetes Foundation (WDF) was founded by Novo Nordisk A/S in 2002 as an independent and non-profit foundation. Now 16 years later, the WDF is still one of the few funding mechanisms dedicated to preventing and treating diabetes in developing countries.
It is the WDF’s mission to empower governments, civil society and other non-state actors who strive to deliver on global commitments through national and local action. To achieve this, we create partnerships and act as a catalyst to help others do more. We encourage and fund innovative projects and strategies to prevent and treat diabetes and its complications.
The WDF mission
- To create partnerships to assist people with diabetes and those at risk, acting as a catalyst to help others do more
- To link people and resources to educate and advocate globally and provide care locally
- The priority is to support the poorest of the poor
- To aim to empower local communities to achieve sustainable solutions and yield replicable models
- To encourage innovative strategies to prevent diabetes and its consequences
World Diabetes Foundation along with Novo Nordisk Foundation are the track sponsors of the Health track, SDG3, during UNLEASH 2018, and will send experts and judges to evaluate the solutions coming out of UNLEASH 2018.